11 October 2012

Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara


Now my all time favourite mascara is Max Factor's False Lash Effect Mascara. It is the one mascara I go back to time and time again (if you would like a review on this mascara (with a half decent picture) let me know!).

However, a few weeks ago I ran out without having bought a back up. Could have cried.
Whilst sifting through my make up stash for a replacement, I found Revlon 3D Extreme mascara in 01 Blackest Black.


I remember receiving this in a make up set my mum bought me for Christmas, so I thought I may as well give it a go.

First off, the packaging is A-MAZING. Just how expensive does this mascara look?! I'm a sucker for anything shiny (easily pleased, I know), so this definitely ticks all the bonus boxes for appearance.

The brush is an average size with, quite frankly, a bit of a strange bulbous tip. It does however separate the lashes well and although I did find a bit of difficulty with coating the smaller lashes, I didn't experience any clumping. The mascara definitely did boost the length of my lashes, but being a fan of big eyelashes I was left a little disappointed with the amount of volume it provided.
I apologise for the seriously poor photo, it was the best of a bad bunch! But I'm sure you get the idea
Don't get me wrong my eyelashes definitely appeared thicker, just not quite thick enough for my liking. I felt a little naked to be quite honest. I did also find this mascara to begin to dry out relatively more quickly than usual, but this may just be because I am used to my mascara being a lot more wet to begin with.

Negatives aside, in terms of wear it lasted me the day with no smudging or flaking issues, so a massive thumbs up for that!


All in all, although I will still be returning to my trusty False Lash Effect, I really would recommend this for anyone looking for a slightly more natural looking mascara. I was really impressed by the lengthening and staying powers.



Now, the best bit about this mascara is the price.

I can't find Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara on either the Boots or the Superdrug websites, but...


...you can buy it here from Ebay for just £3.75 with free delivery!

I also have a feeling that in the past this has been stocked in some Poundland stores...can anyone confirm this for definite?


What is your go-to mascara?
Do you prefer more emphasis on lash volume or length?
Thanks for reading,
Jo x




(Don't forget to enter the lovecats inc's fab 1000 follower giveaway to win 30 beauty products!)

10 comments:

  1. OOhI love the Max Factor mascara as well! Have you tried Bourjois Volume Clubbing mascara? I use it all the time, it's amazing for volume :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I've never tried any Bourjois mascaras! It sounds fab though, I'd love to see a review on it if you get chance? :) I've been using Max Factor for so long now! xo

      Delete
  2. That looks like a good alternative, I love that Max Factor mascara but being a bit out of work at the moment I can't justify the price tag but I will take a look for this one in the Poundshop haha and let you know!

    Lauren

    http://scarletrealm.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be fab if you could let me know! If it is stocked it's definitely worth picking up, it's not bad at all as a cheaper alternative to Max Factor :) xo

      Delete
  3. Looks like a really great mascara, very natural looking, I found you through the blog hop and am now following x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good for such a small price, thank you so much for following :)! xo

      Delete
  4. That looks really good - I need to buy a new eye mascara!

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab if you're looking for a cheaper option! xo

      Delete
  5. I can confirm I have seen this in Poundland!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and opinions so please feel free to leave them! I will reply to every single one :) However, please note that although I am more than happy for you to leave your blog link, I do not do follow-for-follows, and any spam comments will be deleted