09 October 2012

Come Dine With Me | Lemony Prawn Bruschettas



A few weeks back, three of my friends and I decided to do our own little Come Dine With Me before we all scooted off back to uni (or to Italy in Ivy's case).

Now an amazing cook I definitely am not. But seeing as my meal went down pretty well (and the recipes were pretty straight forward), I thought I would do a few recipe posts on what I made!
So this first post is the recipe for the starter, lemony prawn bruschettas.
Ingredients:
  • 4 baguette slices
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1 chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
  • 200g raw prawns
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Small bunch of chopped coriander leaves
  • 2 handfuls of rocket
(serves 2)

1. Toast the bread and keep warm
2. Heat the oil in a wok and cook the garlic and chilli until sizzling
3. Add the prawns and cook until pink
4. Remove from the heat, and add the lemon juice and coriander
5. Season and serve

Pretty simple, right?
The only thing I did differently was using cooked prawns and just heating them up in the pan...however I would recommend sticking to using raw prawns, as I ended up not heating mine enough and they were a bit cold!

But other than that it was a nice, simple starter

The full recipe can be found on the Good Food website here.

Will you be giving this a go?
Have you got any nice, simple starters recipes?


Thanks for reading,
Jo xo




4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of holding your own Come Dine With Me. Your menu looks delicious! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was such a laugh! You should give it a go, it's definitely worth the effort :) xo

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing!! I love prawns, will definitely have to try this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice, quite spicy though! Thanks for taking a peek Georgia :) xx

      Delete

I love reading your comments and opinions so please feel free to leave them! I will reply to every single one :) However, please note that although I am more than happy for you to leave your blog link, I do not do follow-for-follows, and any spam comments will be deleted