14 October 2012

Collective Haul | Boots, Superdrug and Bodycare


So I planned on going into Boots just to stock up on the essentials.
Did I stick to my plan? Did I heck.
I then continued on into Bodycare and Superdrug to buy a couple more not-so-essentials.
As is life, eh?
Not the most exciting of hauls, but I'm a student, what can I say.
First up, the goodies from Boots and Superdrug:

Good Things Face the Day moisturiser, £7.99, and Fresh Start creamy cleanser, £4.99
I'm a bit confused seeing as when I bought these they were both discounted (can't remember how much I paid exactly) rather than on 3 for 2 offer as listed on the website?
Anyway, these have worked absolute wonders on my skin since I started using them so these are my back ups - I don't want another mascara incident!
Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation in Nude, £7.99, Dream Smooth primer, £8.99 and Dream Touch Lumi concealer, £6.99 free!
I actually only needed the foundation, but seeing as they were on 3 for 2 I thought I'd also give the primer and concealer a go. I must say, so far I'm impressed!
Neither of these were necessary. But I am a bit of a lipstick phobic and can never figure out which colours and shades would suit my skin tone, and which would look ridiculous. The price tag of these lippys means I can have a play around with different colours for next to nothing!
And with not being able to justify the price tag of the beautiful Urban Decay Naked pallette, it is kind of necessary that I own MUA undressed instead.
My teeny tiny Bodycare haul:
Facial wipes, £1 per packet, Osiris exfoliating facial scrub, £1, and Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in soft beige, £5.99
Pretty boring stuff, but I have been after adding a facial scrub to my weekly routine to see if it makes much difference to my skin, so I thought I'd try this one out for starters and see how it goes.
After seeing the Wake Me Up hype sweep across the blogosphere, I literally could not resist picking it up at such a bargain price.
Am I converted?
I have used it twice and I can already safely say that my brand spanking new bottle of Dream Satin Liquid is going straight down the drain. Well, straight on eBay.
I love this stuff!
So there we have it. I've got to say, writing this post up has made me feel a lot less guilty about my unnecessary little haul. It doesn't look as much on paper. Phew!
Thanks for reading,
Jo xo


22 comments:

  1. Ooh I really want to try the Good Things range!

    www.rosereviews1.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really would recommend, my skin was so bad before I started using them! xo

      Delete
  2. I used to use Dream Satin Liquid but then left it for Wake Me Up!

    The MUA Undressed palette is amazing, I actually preferred using it to my friends Naked 2 palette which is quite a statement to make.

    Charlotte xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I tried Wake Me Up, I love it! Wow, really? That is a brave statement to make! I'd love to just swatch the Naked 2 pallette, I have drooled over it for so long! xo

      Delete
  3. I've fallen in love with the Wake me Up foundation, and it's so cheap. I actually like it better than my Chanel foundation all things considered!
    xo

    Jacquina @ www.jazzyleelbc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an absolute bargain, especially when it's discounted in Bodycare. At least steering away from Chanel will save you a bit of cash! :) xo

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of the shop Bodycare? is it just near where you live or are there a lot of those stores? is it similar to any other shops?
    Lauren xxx
    http://scarletrealm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Bodycare stores are dotted all round the country :) It's a great shop that sells a few well known brands at cheaper prices - definitely worth finding out if there's one near you! It's fab for perfume too xo

      Delete
  5. I'm still tempted by the Wake Me Up foundation, I'm also a fan of the Maybelline so maybe I would enjoy it. Think I shall have to take advantage of these three for two offers! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely try it out next time your due for more foundation, it just makes your skin glow! I love it xo

      Delete
  6. I've heard many great things from rimmel wake me up foundation but we don't have it available on Puerto Rico. I recently bought the lumi concealer from maybelline and it's pretty good. How about the foundation? Great haul dear. Thanks for sharing your link via twitter! Hope you check and like my blog! :)


    -MayT

    MayT Essentials

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame you can't get it in Puerto Rico! I used to swear by Dream Satin Liquid but since Wake Me Up unfortunately it just doesn't compare.
      I had been using Maybelline for so long I think I was definitely ready for the change, even though it does give decent coverage and usually manages to last me the whole day. What foundation are you using at the minute?
      Thank you, I will check out your blog :) xo

      Delete
  7. I love love love the Good things range, they small amazing! xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they just! They have worked absolute wonders on my skin xo

      Delete
  8. Wow great finds, I really like the good things moisturizer it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought both foundations in the 3 for 2 offer in Boots but haven't tried them yet! Haa! I will let you know which one I prefer. :)

    Julie
    sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both seem to be really popular foundations! Yeah do let me know :) xo

      Delete
  10. Hey, just letting you know I've nominated you for a liebster award. You can see the post here: http://aprettymessuk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/liebster-award.html

    lots of love. H :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo thank you so much Hannah! I will do the tag soon! :) xo

      Delete
  11. I love the smell of the Good Things Range!
    I found your blog through the bbloggers tag, Its lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing doesn't it! Thank you! :) xo

      Delete

I love reading your comments and opinions so please feel free to leave them! I will reply to every single one :) However, please note that although I am more than happy for you to leave your blog link, I do not do follow-for-follows, and any spam comments will be deleted